1. Who are you and what does your company do?
My name is Robert Gerov and I’ve been working in social media for the last 7 years. At Fast Act Media, I am the co-founder and lead strategist. We are a one stop internet marketing boutique serving customers nationwide. We deliver fast, responsive and real time marketing solutions to attain optimal results.
2. A short description of how and why you got started in social media…
I have always been fascinated with the power that strategic communication allows for business development and the potential for businesses of all sizes to grow and be heard. Our process always begins with a strategy to achieve the desired goal as quickly and efficiently as possible.
3. What do you believe the benefits of using social media for business?
One of the benefits are that business owners can reach large audiences and stay in-touch with them over a long period, allowing them to increase brand loyalty, lead generation and sustainable growth.
4. What do you think are common mistakes business owners make when building brand awareness on social media?
The most common mistakes include being spammy, writing uninteresting content and of course hiring the wrong team to manage their online relations. Business owners need to understand that this is their primary medium to Public Relations, it can easily become damaging to a brand when uninteresting or offensive content is published.
5. What qualities do you think social media managers should have?
A social media manager needs to be smart, articulate and be attune with the pulse of the community he/she is engaging with. A background in journalism or an exceptional ability in storytelling. These are skills are what I look to unleash in my employees.
6. How do Business owners know if their social media campaign is working?
There are many metrics that business owners can look at but the only one that really matters to me is the return on investment (ROI). Engagement rates and clicks are nice but what matters at the end of the day for owners is revenue. Actions speak louder than page views, this is our philosophy.
7. How do you see social media evolving over the next 5 years …what do you hope to see?
Over the next five years I see the continuing trend of mobile platforms dominating the arena. Those who are able to connect and communicate with theirs customers via their smart phones will see enormous gains in market share.
8. What are your favourite platforms for social media marketing?
There are numerous useful platforms, however, depending on the niche we are able to differentiate which will be the most effective. Instagram, for example, is a useful platform for those looking to target younger demographic, on the other hand, LinkedIn is best for reaching a professional audience.