In this article you will learn the basics of how to set up a Facebook Fan page for business and connect it up to Sendible’s Social Media Management Platform – This can help you manage this social profile alongside any other social media properties you may have with some other really useful features to help you Engage, Monitor, Measure and Grow your online presence.
How do you find the pages section?
On the left hand side panel, Click on ‘Pages’ and then ‘Create a Facebook Page’
Next you choose the type of page you want to set up:
The basic categories are: Local Business/Place, Company/Organization/Institution, Brand/Product, Artist/Band/Celebrity, Entertainment and Cause/Community.
You enter your basic information, depending on the type of page you’re making: name and Web site, hours and addresses for a business, contact information and more.
Follow these setup steps.
1) Add a profile Picture, Typically this would be your Logo. Your profile picture must be at least 180 pixels wide. If you are unsure of whether or not your picture meets this requirement, you can right-click on the picture to see the photo properties, which should include the photo dimensions (ex: 100 x 91 would be too small).
If you can’t find the photo’s dimensions, try uploading the picture and assigning it as your profile picture. You will see the following error message if the image is too small:
2) About Section- Try and fill this in as much detailed as you can- this will save you time later and enable your page to be found more easily with Facebook’s upcoming update ‘Graph Search.’
3) Facebook Web Address- This is how your URL will look make it something simple like your organizations name (again this will enable people to find you easily) e.g. facebook.com/Sendible
Here you have the options to enable ad’s – We recommend you first start building a some content on your page before you start drawing fans to it- Otherwise they will be confronted with a lifeless fan page. (See our blog post on tips for creating attractive content)
Your Facebook page is now built all. Let’s make it look lived in… add a cover picture. Since your cover photo goes across the entire width of your timeline, the image you pick for your cover has to be at least 720 pixels wide. This means you may not have the option to choose certain photos as your cover photo, or you may get an error if you try uploading a photo that isn’t big enough. If the photo you want to use is too small, try uploading the photo in high resolution, or choosing a different photo.
Start posting content to your page, This may seem not necessary since you have zero fans, but it will show people the type of content you are going to post then they can make an informed decision whether they choose to click that ‘like button’.
Once your profile has the right look of an established page; start inviting your friends under the ‘new likes’ section in the Admin Panel. You may also wish to now create a Facebook ad, targeting individuals to become your page fan.
Encouraging your existing customers to like your page builds loyalty this keeps them informed of any promotions, updates to opening hours and retention of your brand. You may wish to include your Facebook page URL on Email signatures, receipts and displays in store and/or on your website.
Connect your Facebook Fan Page to Sendible:
Linking up your page to Sendible to enables you to start posting content on a regular basis, you will also gain access to in-depth reports, the ability to schedule content to be posted out, and also be able to read and respond to posts.
Go to Add/Edit Services under the social tab find Facebook Fan Page click ‘add’.
- – Sendible will then pull all the pages you are the admin of. Simply select the page you just created.
- – You can click Yes to Attached a link preview- this will enable your links to look more appealing with a image and meta text from the URL your input.
- – You can click Yes to Attached an attribution link this will enable you to replace the share button that appears at the bottom of your posts with a URL anything you want.
- – Geo-targeting is useful if you are only targeting people from a specific country, region or city.
- – Choose where to receive your alerts- we recommend to your priority inbox.
Your Facebook fan page is ready to start posting out to, go to your Message box > Compose message.
- – Select your Facebook fan page (you can also select any other of your social networks and Sendible will automatically reconfigure the message for the appropriate social network- You do have to bear in mind twitter’s character count (140 characters) which appears at the bottom left of the message box.
- – Attach a URL- choose your image and meta text to accompany the link.
- – Schedule your message to go out at a specific time you can even choose to repeat this post until a specified time.
- – Click send and this message will now appear in your Scheduled Message Box and also your Calendar.
Also Sendible’s upcoming feature of a Facebook Tab Creator, We’ll show you in couple weeks how to utilize this exciting feature to convert some of your fans into prospects and spread your reach across multiple social networks. – Follow us on Facebook to keep updated with this Feature.