To get started with Sendible’s Social Media Monitoring head over to Add/Edit Services > Monitoring> Brand and Keyword Monitoring, Click Add.
Description: That’s for your reference only, use a name that describes the term you are setting up
Brand Name(s) or Term(s): Enter the keywords or phrases that you want to track for here. This field is where you can enter:
• Individual keywords
• Twitter Handles
• Exact Phrases
To separate monitoring terms use the word – OR
When searching for any term with special characters (Such as: @ # ‘ . & _ % ). Make sure you put quotation marks (“) around the whole phrase, Twitter handle, hashtag or URL
• Brand names (e.g. Chevrolet)
• Product names (e.g. Covette)
• Competitor names (e.g. Toyota OR Ford OR Volkswagen)
• Twitter handles(e.g. “@chevrolet”)
• Twitter Hashtage (e.g. “#Drivechevy”)
• URLs (e.g. “chevroletcars.com” )
• Exact phrases (e.g. “I love to drive”)
• Multiple key words in same mention (e.g. Buy Car)
Use your inclusion and exclusion filter to help narrow down search parameters
If there are specific terms that you do/ do not want included, enter the keywords or phrases in the appropriate fields from your search using the same rules above.
Add a Google alerts feed – click Create a Google Alerts Feed »
– Now, in a separate browser window, login to your Google Alerts
– Make sure that where it says “deliver to”, you change that to say “feed”
– Now, while pointing at/hovering over the orange RSS icon to the right of the words “Feed”, right-click, and select “copy link location” (note: don’t choose “copy image location” by mistake)
– Click back to the Sendible browser window, and “paste” that link into the Google Alerts feed field. The link should look like this: http://www.alerts/feeds/##########, where # represents a bunch of numbers.
– Now, click to the beginning of this feed address, and delete the http://, since Sendible already has this selected for you in the previous box.
– You can geo-target keywords from a specific location select your country and location. You can edit the Longitude and latitude if needed and adjust a distance radius (in miles).
– You can chose to receive email notifications and add additional email addresses to receive these alerts simply separate multiple email addresses with commas.